Start Your Career in Suzuki Teaching
In the Fall of 2018, the Suzuki String School of Guelph introduces 2-year Suzuki Pedagogy Course
- Do you love working with children?
- Are you passionate about sharing your love of music?
- Do you believe in the potential of every child to learn?
If so, this course is for you! Hone your teaching skills and prepare for a rewarding career working with committed Suzuki families. Join a community of passionate teachers eager to share their ideas and experience with you!
- Year 1: Violin Units 1 to 4 ONLY PROGRAM OF ITS KIND IN CANADA
- Year 2: Violin Units 5 to 8 + Practicum (one year of supervised teaching of beginner students)
- Observe private lessons with top teachers at every level from beginner to pre-university.
- Observe group lessons and orchestra rehearsals at every level.
- Follow the development of students over two years.
Contact: Paule Barsalou director 519.836.3798 email@example.com guelphsuzukistrings.ca
Description: Established in 1997, The Guelph School of Music is seeking a contract Suzuki piano teacher to start with 2-3 teaching days with the opportunity for expansion. Duties begin September 2018. We are looking for applicants with a passion for teaching young children and a commitment to furthering their Suzuki training.
Duties: The teacher will teach private lessons during the school year. The teacher will also teach performance classes held once per term (fall, winter, spring) and attend our winter and spring recitals. Teachers are required to attend Faculty Meetings held 3 times per year.
- Bachelor’s degree in music and/or Associate Diploma from an accredited conservatory such as Royal Conservatory of Music or Conservatory Canada.
- ECC and Suzuki Book One Suzuki training.
Remuneration: Compensation is commensurate with training and experience. (Range of $40-$45 per hour for teaching duties.) Teachers receive additional remuneration for meetings, recitals and performance classes.
Contact: Tracey Clarke-Rankine 75 Cardigan Street, Guelph, ON. 519-763-4181 firstname.lastname@example.org