SAO Teacher/Trainer Scholarships
The SAO board will award scholarships for teacher development.
- Applicant must be a member of the SAO and SAA.
- To apply, complete the Scholarship Application Form.
- If the member is awarded a scholarship, then a $200 cheque will be issued to the applicant payable to the actual course treasury.
- There are two draws a years, with the deadlines of October 31 and May 31. This scholarship is only valid from one year after the deadline for applying. In the event the applicant does not register, the cheque would be void and cancelled.
- Upon completion of the course, the applicant is requested to write a few words of appreciation (maximum 300) to be published in the next newsletter.
Sound Post Scholarship SAA Conference 2020
Details coming soon!
Travel Bursaries for Board members
At the November 2011 Full Board meeting a motion was passed that the SAO offer two travel bursaries for board members, each in the amount of $200 to travel to conferences and or full board meetings provided the travelling distance is a minimum of 400 km. The deadline to apply for said bursaries would be October 1st of each year.
This is in accordance with the SAO’s strategic plan and our efforts to be a viable organization for the entire province.
Bursaries to assist Like-instrument/cross studio events available
At the November 2011 Full Board meeting a motion was passed that up to three bursaries of $150 each will be made available on a yearly basis to assist in the organization of like-instrument/cross studio/school workshops. Application deadline for these bursaries would be November 1st of each year. Applications should be emailed to the SAO Executive Assistant by November 1st.
Lifetime membership available
A motion was passed at the November 2011 Full Board meeting that there should be an option to become a lifetime member of the SAO. Since membership in the SAA is a requirement of membership in the SAO, members would have to be lifetime members of the SAA prior to becoming lifetime members of the SAO. The cost of lifetime membership of the SAO will be $1000. For further details or to apply contact the SAO Executive Assistant.
Please email scholarship and bursary applications to:
Fanny Martin, Executive Assistant
Suzuki Association of Ontario