The Suzuki Association of Ontario is seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant (remote)
1) Job Description:
The SAO is an incorporated Ontario not-for-profit organization seeking a part-time administrator to help manage the day-to-day operations of our volunteer Board of Directors. Most duties can be completed remotely and both hours and location of employment are highly flexible. Categories of responsibility include:
- Managing membership records and interacting with members in a professional manner
- Attending Board meetings and assisting with agendas and minutes
- Maintaining basic bookkeeping and financial records
- Managing bimonthly newsletters and newsletter advertising
- Documenting scholarship and bursary information
- Managing the SAO website and social media accounts
- Keeping records and archives
- Interacting with national and international Suzuki colleagues and organizations
- Working closely with Board Executive to achieve administrative and organizational goals
- Other general office support and event support as required
An itemized, detailed list of role responsibilities is available for viewing here: Administrative Assistant Detailed List of Roles and Responsibilities
2) Required Skills:
- Post-secondary training in arts administration required
- Minimum one year of related experience required; non-profit experience an asset
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or other bookkeeping software required
- Knowledge of the Suzuki Method and/or formal music training an asset
- Candidates may be required to undertake Suzuki-related professional development at the discretion of the Board
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and database management an asset
- Knowledge of WordPress and MailChimp strongly preferred
- Exceptional time management and the ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a professional manner in all email and phone correspondence
- Trustworthy and able to work with confidential member information and financial records
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a monthly record of completed and ongoing tasks
3) Additional Information
Compensation for this position is based on 20 hours per month. However, the workload is expected to vary over the course of the year, and the administrator will be allowed significant flexibility in scheduling. Wage will be paid as a flat rate of $400 per month. Additionally, a modest stipend will be provided toward travel costs to attend the two in-person Board meetings per year, one of which involves the annual SAO conference.
The Suzuki Association of Ontario is an equal employment opportunity employer. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from the perspectives and talents of a diverse team of contributors.
4) How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until such time as the position is filled.
Start Your Career in Suzuki Teaching
In the Fall of 2018, the Suzuki String School of Guelph introduces 2-year Suzuki Pedagogy Course
- Do you love working with children?
- Are you passionate about sharing your love of music?
- Do you believe in the potential of every child to learn?
If so, this course is for you! Hone your teaching skills and prepare for a rewarding career working with committed Suzuki families. Join a community of passionate teachers eager to share their ideas and experience with you!
- Year 1: Violin Units 1 to 4 ONLY PROGRAM OF ITS KIND IN CANADA
- Year 2: Violin Units 5 to 8 + Practicum (one year of supervised teaching of beginner students)
- Observe private lessons with top teachers at every level from beginner to pre-university.
- Observe group lessons and orchestra rehearsals at every level.
- Follow the development of students over two years.
Contact: Paule Barsalou director 519.836.3798 email@example.com guelphsuzukistrings.ca
Seeking Awesome Full-Time Suzuki Violin Teacher
Position Name: Full-Time Suzuki Violin Teacher
Location: Western Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Description: The Hong Kong Suzuki Music Institute (HKSMI) opened its doors in 2015 in an up-and-coming area of Hong Kong Island. To read about our program please see our website at www.hksuzukimusic.com and our FB page HK Suzuki Music Institute.
Duties: Basic teaching duties will consist of a maximum of twenty-seven contact teaching hours per week, as well as special events during the regular school year. This teaching may include, but is not limited to: master classes, private lessons, group classes, parent seminars,ensembles, musicianship classes, parent groups/lectures, and assisting with early childhood and/or other classes. See http://hksuzukimusic.com/index.php/careers/ for information.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Music degree in Violin; All books up to and including book 4 registered with SAA or other international Suzuki Association, 3 years Suzuki teaching experience. English fluency in speaking, reading and writing as the language of instruction is English. Special consideration for those with a second instrument. We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible teacher who loves working closely with parents and young children.
Salary: Full Salary Commensurate with experience; medical benefits; work visa. Contract starts August 15, 2018.
Contact: Kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and/or send your CV, links for your teaching videos (preferably Pre-Twinkle/Book 1 and a group class), contact information for three references and a cover letter detailing your teaching philosophy.
Description: Established in 1997, The Guelph School of Music is seeking a contract Suzuki piano teacher to start with 2-3 teaching days with the opportunity for expansion. Duties begin September 2018. We are looking for applicants with a passion for teaching young children and a commitment to furthering their Suzuki training.
Duties: The teacher will teach private lessons during the school year. The teacher will also teach performance classes held once per term (fall, winter, spring) and attend our winter and spring recitals. Teachers are required to attend Faculty Meetings held 3 times per year.
- Bachelor’s degree in music and/or Associate Diploma from an accredited conservatory such as Royal Conservatory of Music or Conservatory Canada.
- ECC and Suzuki Book One Suzuki training.
Remuneration: Compensation is commensurate with training and experience. (Range of $40-$45 per hour for teaching duties.) Teachers receive additional remuneration for meetings, recitals and performance classes.
Contact: Tracey Clarke-Rankine 75 Cardigan Street, Guelph, ON. 519-763-4181 email@example.com
Suzuki Violin Teaching Position – North York Suzuki School of Music
Description: Located in north part of Toronto, this non-profit co-operative school has been in existence for over 25 years. School has around 200 students. For more information about our school, please visit our web site at www.northyork-suzuki.com.
Requirements: University Music Degree
SAA accredited training, minimum comp. ECC & Book 1
Commitment to further training
Duties: Teach private and group lessons.
Must be available to teach Saturdays
Minimum estimated 15 hours weekly private lessons
with great opportunity for more.
Contact: North York Suzuki School of Music
15 Lesmill Rd. Unit 6
North York, Ont. M3B 2T3
Studio of Gail Lange
- Piano Unit 2 May 11- June 22, 2018, Gail Lange
Suzuki Talent Education Society of Calgary
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education Prenatal and Early Years, Stage 1 June 19- 23, 2018, Wan Tsai Chen
Thames Valley Suzuki School
- ECC! June 20, 2018, Dorothy Jones
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education Prenatal and Early Years, Stages 1, or 2 June 21 – 25, 2018, Dorothy Jones, Sharon Jones
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education Prenatal and Early Years, Stage 3, or 4, or 5 June 23 – 27, 2018, Dorothy Jones, Sharon Jones
Newfoundland and Labrador Suzuki Institute
- Cello Unit 1 July 1- 8, 2018
Calgary Suzuki Summer Institute
- Guitar Unit 1 July 3 – 10, 2018
- Piano Unit 1 July 3 – 10, 2018
- Trumpet Unit 1 July 3 – 10, 2018
- Guitar Unit 3 July 4 – 8, 2018
- Piano Unit 5 July 4 – 8, 2018
Great Lakes Suzuki Flute Institute
- Flute Unit 1 July 7-14, 2018, Kelly Williamson
- Flute Students July 10-14, 2018
- Flute Unit 2 July 10-14, 2018
- Flute Unit 3 July 10-14, 2018, Noelle Perrin
- Flute Unit 7 July 10-14, 2018, Meret Bitticks
- Flute Unit 8 July 10-14, 2018
Alberta Summer Suzuki Institute (Edmonton)
- Cello Unit 1 July 13 – 21, 2018, Susan Gagnon
- Cello Unit 3 July 14 – 18, 2018, David Evenchick
- Cello Practicum July 18 – 22, 2018, David Evenchick
- Violin Unit 1 July 14 – 21, 2018, Elayne Ras
- Violin Unit 2 July 14 – 18, 2018, Joanne Melvin
- Violin Unit 3 July 18 – 22, 2018, Joanne Melvin
- Violin Unit 6 July 16 – 20, 2018, Paule Barsalou
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education Prenatal and Early Years, Stage 2 July 16- 20, 2018, Wan Tsai Chen
Institut Suzuki Montréal
- ECC! July 21, 2018, Catherine Walker
- Violin Unit 1 July 22 – 29, 2018, Elayne Ras
- Violin Unit 4 July 21 – 25, 2018, Margot Jewell
- Violin Unit 5 July 25 – 29, 2018, Margot Jewell
- Cello Unit 1 July 22 – 29, 2018, Catherine Walker
- Cello Unit 5 July 21 – 25, 2018, Susan Gagnon
- Cello Unit 6 July 25 – 29, 2018, Susan Gagnon
- Piano Unit 7 July 21 – 25, 2018, Gail Lange
- Piano Practicum July 25 – 29, 2018, Gail Lange
Southwestern Ontario Suzuki Institute
- ECC! August 11, 2018, Gail Lange
- Piano Unit 1 August 12 – 19, 2018, Gail Lange
- Bass Unit 2 August 12 – 17, 2018, Virginia Dixon
- Cello Unit 2 August 12 – 17, 2018, Catherine Walker
- Cello Unit 3 August 12 – 17, 2018, Susan Gagnon
- Viola Revisiting Unit 1 August 12 – 17, 2018, Julia Hardie
- Violin Unit 1 August 12 – 19, 2018, Margot Jewell
- Violin Unit 2 August 12 – 17, 2018, Joanne Melvin
- Violin Unit 3 August 12 – 17, 2018, Paule Barsalou
- Violin Unit 6 August 12 – 17, 2018, Karen-Michele Kimmett
- Violin: Beyond the Suzuki Repertoire August 18 – 19, 2018, Brian Lewis
For complete information about teacher development courses offered throughout Canada and the US this year, please go to: