SAO Teacher/Trainer Scholarships
The SAO board will award scholarships for teacher development.
- Applicant must be a member of the SAO and SAA.
- To apply, complete the Scholarship Application Form.
- If the member is awarded a scholarship, then a $200 cheque will be issued to the applicant payable to the actual course treasury.
- There are two draws a years, with the deadlines of October 31 and May 31. This scholarship is only valid from one year after the deadline for applying. In the event the applicant does not register, the cheque would be void and cancelled.
- Upon completion of the course, the applicant is requested to write a few words of appreciation (maximum 300) to be published in the next newsletter.
Sound Post Scholarship 2016 SAA Conference – May 22-26
“The Sound Post” located in Toronto is awarding a scholarship for two SAO Members. This scholarship will include a flight and shared room accommodation for the recipients of the SAO who are in good standing. The scholarship does not include payment of SAA registration. Previous winners of this scholarship are not eligible. An email application should be mailed to Alstair at: firstname.lastname@example.org before April 1st. Alistair will make the draw and award the two scholarships. He will make the travel arrangements with the two lucky winners.
SAO Scholarships to SAA Conference, Minneapolis, 2018
- The Chair of the SAO Board will be awarded a $400.00 scholarship at attend the SAA Conference.
- Two $150 awards for travel to Minneapolis will be awarded to two SAO Board Members.
- Scholarships will be awarded in even-numbered years to students who have been accepted to participate in the SAA Conference, and those scholarships will be granted based on the availability of funds. Applications are due by email to: email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on January 31.
Travel Bursaries for Board members
At the November 2011 Full Board meeting a motion was passed that the SAO offer two travel bursaries for board members, each in the amount of $200 to travel to conferences and or full board meetings provided the travelling distance is a minimum of 400 km. The deadline to apply for said bursaries would be October 1st of each year. See Mailing Address below.
This is in accordance with the SAO’s strategic plan and our efforts to be a viable organization for the entire province.
Bursaries to assist Like-instrument/cross studio events available
At the November 2011 Full Board meeting a motion was passed that up to three bursaries of $150 each will be made available on a yearly basis to assist in the organization of like-instrument/cross studio/school workshops. Application deadline for these bursaries would be November 1st of each year. Applications should be mailed to the SAO Executive Assistant by November lst. See mailing address below.
Lifetime membership available
A motion was passed at the November 2011 Full Board meeting that there should be an option to become a lifetime member of the SAO. Since membership in the SAA is a requirement of membership in the SAO, members would have to be lifetime members of the SAA prior to becoming lifetime members of the SAO. The cost of lifetime membership of the SAO will be $1000. For further details or to apply contact the SAO Executive Assistant.
Mail scholarship and bursary applications to:
282 Waverly St. N.
Oshawa, ON L1J 5V9
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org