- The quarterly SAO Newsletter, including provincial Suzuki news, concerts, training and employment opportunities, inspiring articles, student workshops, and more.
- Your teacher profile listed in the SAO’s online Teacher Directory.
- Eligibility for Suzuki training and conference scholarships, and for collaborative funding.
- Invitations to join SAO workshops including DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion) events.
- Member rates for the annual SAO Conference.
- 10% discount on advertising in the SAO Newsletter as well as free classified ads for sales of instruments.
- Access to SAO Area Representatives. Your Area Rep is your liaison when you have questions or concerns, or when you wish to promote your work or ideas.
- SAO voting privileges.
- The opportunity to join the SAO Board.
- A professional connection to respected colleagues across Ontario.
- 60% discount on SAO membership for new teachers (in their first two years of teaching) and for full-time university students!
- Chapter Affiliate of the SAA.
- Receiving inspiration and ideas from other teachers via the newsletter and at conferences.
- Networking with colleagues.
- Being involved in the largest association of Suzuki teachers in Canada, and one of the largest in North America.
- Promoting Dr. Suzuki’s ideals and method in Ontario.
- Strengthening our shared community in our studios, schools, communities and beyond.
- Being a voice for Canada in the global Suzuki community.
The Suzuki Association of Ontario is an organization of Suzuki teachers which also offers memberships to Suzuki schools and families. The mission of the SAO as a community is to enhance and promote the Suzuki method of learning by nurturing excellence in education.
We, as Suzuki teachers, aspire to these ideals, and our membership in both the SAA and the SAO is a tangible way of affirming our commitment to Dr. Suzuki’s vision, and to his belief that we can make a difference in the world, one step, one child at a time.